Saturday, September 09, 2006

MOTIVATION

At times one has to ask this question; what have I achieved in life? I am staring blankly at the monitor as if some answer would jump out right in front of me and would give me quite a pleasure, rather a relief from this tormenting question. At this age of 24, no one is expected to have turned a mountain upside down but is definitely expected to have set a course for that. Have I really planned up to that extent? Am I clear enough about my goals and my future. I do not know, or rather I do not know whether I know, albeit both means and leads to the same conclusion. Anyway I think the former would reflect a clearer state of mind (though relatively).

How time passes off no one realizes, for the amount of time I had in all my engineering days , I could have utilized more efficiently. I have never ever been a “born” engineer, I here mean the those who behave as If they have sacrificed all their joys and enjoyments for the sake of engineering.
Here I see some of the students who have utilized all the time they had and gone up the ladder, where as there are some others who are left out and are whining now. What is that makes all the difference? How much and what kind of motivation does one require, if at all it can be quantified and qualified according to the personality? I have seen some students being highly active from the day one and continuing the same till the end, for some it is like the gusto in the start and an exponential decay, for some it is the exponential rise, for the rest it is nil from start to finish. What motivates them? I am led astray.
Some have that high school habit or rather passion for the first rank, some think that they will be regarded as one intelligent brain if they have high scores, there are some queers who want to impress the opposite sex. Are these the only things?
So people out there, tell me what motivates/motivated you to achieve whatever you have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home